Perfect Pumpkin Spice Bread
Fall is by far my favorite season and one of my favorite things about fall is PUMPKIN. When the stores begin to sell Limited Edition pumpkin flavored goodies I get so excited, and admittedly buy just about everything pumpkin they have to offer. I especially enjoy baking pumpkin goodies and when I stumbled across a recipe on the internet for Pumpkin Gingerbread I couldn’t wait to make it. I wanted to make my own version so my friend Dana and I changed some of the ingredients to make it more of a Pumpkin Spice Bread. Let’s be real, who doesn’t love pumpkin spice????
Fresh out of the oven and warm, this bread is ADDICTIVE. I like to have a slice in the morning with my coffee, warmed up and lightly spread with butter. Sprinkle some powdered sugar and cinnamon on top for a little extra sweetness OR serve as a dessert with whip cream/ice cream and a little cinnamon. Be creative with your toppings and don’t be afraid to experiment.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! If you try this recipe, post a picture to Instagram and tag me @roseofthecity.
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 Cup Water
- 1 can Pumpkin Puree
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground clove
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray to 9 x 5 inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Combine in large mixing bowl: sugar, oil, and eggs then beat until smooth. Add water and beat until blended. Finally, stir in spices (ginger, cinnamon, clove, and allspice) and pumpkin.
- In a separate bowl combine: flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Slowly add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend until ingredients are mixed. Divide the batter between pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cooled, sprinkle a little powdered sugar and cinnamon on top or use any combination of toppings you like.